A3 Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer
The A3 Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer is a high performance automated instrument designed to meet the requirements of the modern laboratory. Due to its versatility and performance it can be used for a wide range of applications. The versatile instrument is available in three configurations.
A3F – The instrument is equipped with a flame atomizer only. The positioning of which is fully controlled by the embedded computer system and AA-Win Pro software. Three flame positions are available to the user with Air/Acetylene being the standard configuration. this flame can be used for nearly all standard elements while the N2O/Acetylene and the Air/LPG (natural gas) are available as an option for the more demanding of elements. All three flame configurations offer coded burner for full safety protection.
- AA-Win Pro Software provides full control of the instruments and auto sampler with easy method change for each technique.
- Automatic 8 Hollow Cathode lamp turret controlled and optimized by the AA-Win Pro software. Operating lamp current and warm-up current can be individually controlled to eliminate drift commonly associated with lamp warming.
- D2 lamp background correction system fitted as standard to all configurations. High energy D2 lamp and adjustable beam splitter mirror are optimized by the AA-Win Pro software.
- Self reversal background correction system fitted as standard to all configurations. The high performance background system uses the same hollow cathode lamp as installed for the analysis. Minimum extra components are required and optical alignment is very simple. Self reversal can be used for any element at any wavelength making it extremely versatile.
- High precision minimal optics ensures maximum light throughput to the computer controlled Czerny-Turner monochromator.
- A universal auto sampler is available as an optional accessory which is conveniently mounted on the front of the A3 instrument.
- Absorption and Emission modes are standard features in the AA-Win Pro software as well as peak height, peak area, sequential and manual integration modes.
Flame Atomizer Features
The Flame Atomizer offer three flame options: Air/Acetylene is the standard configuration with the N2O/Acetylene and Air/LPG as options.
Air/Acetylene flame. The Air/Acetylene flame uses a 100mm single slot burner for the standard configuration. The high sensitivity (Cu 2ppm > 0.280Abs) is due to the efficiency of the fixed position glass nebulizer fitted as standard. An acid resistant replacement is available as an option.The flame can be easily set from blue lean flame through stoichiometric to fuel rich by means of computer control.
N2O/Acetylene. The N2O/Acetylene flame uses a 50mm single slot burner and available as an optional extra.This flame configuration is used to measure elements less prone to ionization such as Aluminum, Tin, Titanium, Calcium, Vanadium and Molybdenum.
Switching from Air/Acetylene to N2O/Acetylene to Flame Off is fully controlled by the AA-Win Pro software.
Air/Propane (LPG). This flame uses a 3 slot burner and with the low pressure requirement it is also much safe to operate. Due to the low temperature of the flame it is ideal for analyzing alkali metals such as Potassium, Sodium and Lithium, especially when used in the emission mode.
Some remote areas of the world have difficulty obtaining Acetylene gas of a high enough purity to operate the flame correctly. LPG can give a real alternative and offer comparable results for most elements throughout the wavelength range.
Pressure monitoring for all gases Burner identification
Flame sensor Drain trap level sensor